May 13, 2009

06.05.09 Sapi Island

In the morning, we changed into another hotel, the Rainforest Lodge, that was a lot nicer than the first hotel and also included breakfast at the cafe. Our room has a balcony (towards the street though), a toilet that works properly and a really nice shower, that has warm water and enough water.

Sapi Island

After breakfast, we went to the harbor to get a boat to the Sapi Island, which was pretty nice. It also had a trail, like Manukan Island, but the trail wasn't as good and I didn't feel like I had the right kind of shoes for the trail. But the beach was nice and I sat there under a tree and went swimming a little.

Teekkari

We met three guys from London at Sapi and hang out with them in the evening and looked for the nightlife with them. After all the Lonely Planet promised there was a good nightlife scene in Kota Kinabalu, but we just hadn't looked for it in the right place before.

No comments: