August 03, 2009

23.07.09 Fatehpur Sikri

In the morning we went to Fatehpur Sikri, which is an abandoned city near Agra. The city was build as the capital by one of the Mughal Emperors. However, it only functioned as the capital for 14 years and then it was abandoned for one reason or another. It was very interesting to walk around the palace, that is left of the city.

Fatehpur Sikri

After Fatehpur Sikri, it was time to start traveling back to Delhi again. This time we didn't have to stand that much in traffic, but some of course. After getting back to the hotel, we went souvenir shopping near the hotel. There were a lot of shops near the hotel and we were walking around the street, trying to look at the things they were selling there. The only problem was that sometimes it was quite annoying to try to walk around in peace, when there are about 10 men staring at you and your white skin and red hair...

Fatehpur Sikri

Anyways, next time I go to India, I'll cover myself from head to toe. And I did get some shopping done also. So, there will be some small souvenirs coming to Finland. After shopping, we had dinner at the hotel and got all our stuff ready for tomorrow. We'll leave for the airport tomorrow at 5am and a little before 2pm, Finnish time, I'll see my dearest again, and Finland :)

The travelers

No comments: