August 03, 2009

Back home

Six months of being away from Finland is now done, until the next time. One thing is for sure though, next time I think I'll take Matti with me. I still need to work on my Chinese a lot, so that I can some day speak it fluently. But my dormitory days are done for good. Five months was enough and I do like my own bathroom and sauna, not to mention my kitchen. I haven't done a lot of cooking yet, partly because last weekend was spent in Ankkarock and my stomach is still getting use to Finland.

Coming back to Finland has been interesting. I'm slowly starting to get used to the fact that I can again understand ads etc on the streets and I can understand everything that people are talking around me. During my first week back in Finland, I've seen Linkin Park and Metallica in Sonisphere festival in Pori, I went blueberry picking (and baked a pie and muffins from the berries), I went to Ankkarock and even went to a karaoke bar in Korso! Quite a return back home :)

I've almost put all my stuff back in their place, but there's still something left. I managed to finish writing all my blog updates around Wednesday last week. The reason they were so late, was that I wasn't able to open my laptop in Tibet, because of the high altitude (the laptop might have exploded). So, I had to finish writing my blog updates in Finland. But it was quite nice lying in the hammock and writing my updates :) The thing that took the longest though, was going through my 500 and so pictures, picking the best ones and doing some small fixes. But now everything is done and the pictures are online, and so is the blog.

Now it's time to get back to normal, find a job, write my thesis and graduate. Maybe I'll start with cleaning the rest of my stuff from the living room floor and washing the last laundry. While I'm waiting for my Chinese books to arrive to Finland, I think I'll get my pictures printed and put them in an album.

再见!

No comments: