June 12, 2009

02.06.09 More shopping and some culture

On Monday it was time for some shopping with Paula again. We went to Xidan shopping street to look for shorts for me, and yes, I was actually thinking of buying shorts. The only problem so far has been, that all the shorts I've seen in the shops have been extremely short. I was thinking of getting a pair of shorter kind of shorts, but not that short. Finally I found a nice pair of shorts that were good length and good price :)

Wall around the Temple of Heaven park

On Tuesday we went to the Temple of Heaven park and the Liulichang Cultural Street. I already went to the Temple of Heaven park earlier when it was the Women's Day, but then the park was still gray. Now the park was all green and it looked nice. The Liulichang Cultural Street was filled with small shops selling brushes, ink, paper, paintings, books etc.

Temple of Heaven Park

After walking through the Cultural Street, we went for lunch in a tiny restaurant. The restaurant was small and we were almost the only customers. When we got our food the waitress took a nap on the table and we had to wake her up to pay. But the food was really good.

No comments: