June 12, 2009

22.05.09 Olympic park

Last Sunday I went to a food market, where you can buy fish, meat, vegetables, fruits and everything related to food. The place is not for the weak mind. I saw black whole chickens, turtles, and all other weird things. The fish of course were alive and were killed when you picked the one you wanted. The saleswomen sure weren't too sensitive about killing the fish. They slammed them to the floor and to the side of the table. Bon appetite :)

The Bird's Nest

On Monday I went to the Olympic Park with Paula after classes. In the end of the Olympic area there's a park and we decided to start our sightseeing from there. It was almost impossible to believe that we were in Beijing, the place was so empty. Near the Bird's Nest and Water Cube, there were more people and the Nest and Cube sure are pretty buildings. During the Olympics the place was probably unbelievable.

The Water Cube

On Tuesday I went to see a dance performance at the Drama School near downtown. The dance show was done by a South Korean group and it was modern dance with a really cool computer animation on the wall behind the show. The animation was really nice and added something extra to the show, but other than that I'm still not a big fan of modern dance. :)

No comments: