February 05, 2009

26.01.09 Going for New Year's visits

Today we started the visits from Yanfeng's father's mother where we had lunch. I'm still having trouble with eating because I'm not hungry at all and I'm pretty tired, but I'm sure it will get better. After lunch we went to play some pool with Yanfeng, his wife and his cousins. First I was very bad at pool, but then I started to get a hang of it, but anyways we had fun :) By the way, I'm not very sure about all the relatives, because it seems that all cousins are called brothers or sisters, and your parents and your husband's/wife's parents are all called mothers and fathers...

After playing some pool we went to a shopping center with Yanfeng and his wife and walked to Yanfeng's wife's grandparent's. There we had dinner and after dinner we went back home to get some rest because it was already after eight. At dinner I was finally able to eat well and I think I'm starting to get rid of the jet lag.

By the way, if you thought that the fireworks would stop for the big midnight firework session, they didn't. Every once in a while there's fireworks exploding everywhere and it feels like you're in a city that's being bombed. So, it's a little hard to sleep well all through the night, because I wake up every once in a while to fireworks and car alarms that are going off because of the fireworks.

No comments: