February 05, 2009

31.01.09 Sightseeing in Beijing



Today I went to the Beijing Capitol Museum with Fiona and Roger. The building was huge and had a lot to look at. We saw the painting, calligraphy, bronze and jade exhibitions, and also some others. We also saw the temporary exhibition they had about the Spring Festival, meaning the Chinese New Year. The exhibition showed traditional chinese decorations, some New Year's foods and most importantly they made things like paper cutting, the knot decorations and kites right there, so you could see how they are done. The only problem was that there were a lot of people and I haven't yet learned the chinese way to just push through people to see what I want to see. I think we went through about half of the museum and it took as about five hours. After five hours our legs were starting hurt and we were dying of hunger, so we went for late lunch and continued the day with looking through shopping centers.

No comments: