February 25, 2009

A month has passed

I've lived in China for a month now and now I feel I should be doing more because there's only five months left! It's been pretty cold lately, so when the weather starts to warm up, I can start sightseeing more. Maybe I should start planning weekend trips also soon, because the school routines are pretty fixed now after a little bit over a week of studying. We were already planning a trip for this weekend but the cold weather is preventing that because we were going to go north...

Since my last update I've gone to see the Beijing Opera, went partying a little and shopping. The Beijing Opera was on last Thursday and it was organized by the International Office of the university. First we were supposed to go see an acrobatic show, but they changed it into Beijing Opera. We went to an expensive looking hotel where they had a theatre. The theatre wasn't very full, but there were some people there. The show lasted for an hour and they did two different acts. The costumes were really pretty and the way the actors moved was interesting (there was also some acrobatic things), but the singing was a little too loud and high pitched, and also the music was a little too loud at points. But all in all, I found it interesting.

No comments: