February 09, 2009

Lantern Festival

Yesterday I went to sing karaoke with Yanfeng and his wife and two of his wife's friends. And yes, I went to karaoke, again, and this time I even sang a little. So, there goes my promise that I will never ever sing in public. The karaoke included a buffet lunch, so that was good and I ate as much as I could :)

Today is the 15th and last day of Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) which is called the Lantern Festival. We went to the city with my roommate and her friends to try to find some Lantern Festival celebrations. But all we found was tons and tons of people. The streets were absolutely covered with people. So, after we had tried to find something for a while, but didn't find anything, we went for a good dinner.

There has been lots of fireworks for the whole weekend starting from Friday, and today, I guess, everyone is doing as much fireworks that they can when it's still Spring Festival. So, hopefully after today there won't be that many fireworks... hopefully :)

No comments: