February 18, 2009

School

School started on Monday and I had my first lesson on Monday morning at 8am. At 1pm I had to go and do a placement test for a chinese lesson. So, basically they made me go and sit in an exam where I didn't even know which line was for the name, because everything was written with characters and I don't really know any chinese. I was so embarrassed and felt so bad that they made me sit there and wouldn't help at all. But now it's done and it's behind me.

On Tuesday I had another business class and today I found out the timetable for the chinese lessons and bought my books for the lessons. So, I'll have chinese lessons (speaking, listening and writing) at 8 am until 11:30 am from Monday to Friday. In other words five times a week and four hours per day. I'm hoping I'll learn chinese now with all these lessons :) If not, I guess I'm not meant to learn chinese.

It has been snowing in Beijing yesterday and today. Of course this is not usual here, but still I'd prefer that it would get warmer. Last week was so nice and warm and since the Spring Festival ended it should have meant that the Spring started. But hopefully this will be the last coldness we get and it will start getting warmer from now on.

No comments: