When we drove to the factory, we went past a part of the Great Wall of China. I've been told that the Great Wall is build during two different eras, during the Ming dynasty 500 years ago and another 2000 years ago, which is pretty much destroyed through the years. The part of the Wall that is in Zhangjiakou and near Beijing is build during the Ming dynasty. The best time to go see the Wall should be during Spring or Summer when the nature looks better. So, maybe I'll go and see the Wall near Beijing then.
We went for lunch to a restaurant with Yanfeng's school friends. The restaurant was filled with customers and employees and noise. We were probably sitting near the kitchen because almost all the time there were employees going past us with lots of plates filled with all kinds of food. I don't think Finnish waiters and cooks would ever work that fast :)
For dinner we went to Yanfeng's grandparents home where we had a hot pot. A hot pot is similar to fondue, but it's boiling water with spices like ginger and garlic. And instead of sticking everything to sticks, you just put everything in the pot and take stuff that is ready with your chopsticks. Before I left Finland, I was thinking that I want to try a hot pot and now I've tried it once and it was very good :)

No comments:
Post a Comment