February 07, 2009

The Great Wall

I went to the East side of Beijing, where Tuomo lives (I live in the North-West of Beijing), in the morning and we started our trip to Mutianyu, a part of the Great Wall in Beijing. Our party of six arrived to Mutianyu around ten in the morning and we started to climb to the Wall. First we only had to climb past a bunch of tourist shops to get to the cable car. The cable car took as to the Wall and we walked around there for about three hours.

The Wall climbs up and down the mountain and especially the last part of the Wall that we were able to go to, was really tough. We had go up so many steps, but at least now I won't have to do any workout for like weeks :)


The weather was really good and I got some good pictures like the one here. I overheard one British guy say, that there are about two days in the year when the weather is so clear that you can see the tallest buildings of Beijing all the way to the Wall, and today was one of them. The guy said he lives in Beijing and the weather really was good, sunny and pretty clear. So, we picked a very good day for the trip :)

2 comments:

Satu-Marja said...

Wau! Mahtava kuva, voin vaan kuvitella millanen tunnelma tuolla korkealla on!

Anna-Kaisa said...

Sain kyllä todella loistavia kuvia, oli aivan mahtava keli ja kyllähän tollanen rakennustaidonnäyte pistää aika hiljaseksi. Sattu kyllä todella hyvä päivä tolle reissulle. Pekingissä on noin kirkasta kuulemma vaan parina päivänä vuodessa.